The primary sponsor of the Physiome Project is the International Union of Physiological Sciences (IUPS) under the auspices of the IUPS Physiome and the Bioengineering Committee: co-chaired by Professor Peter Hunter (The University of Auckland, NZ) and Professor Aleksander Popel (Johns Hopkins University, USA).
A Technical Committee of the Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBS) was formed by Nigel Lovell, Poul Nielsen and Peter Hunter.
International Union of Physiological Sciences (IUPS)
- Co-chairs of the IUPS Physiome and the Bioengineering Committee: Peter Hunter and Aleksander Popel
- Professor Jim Bassingthwaighte, Department of Bioengineering, University of Washington
- Professor Rafael Beyar, Director, Invasive Cardiology, Rambam Medical Center
- Professor Andrew Greene, Director, Bioengineering and Biotechnology Center, Medical College of Winsconsin
- Professor Peter Hunter, Bioengineering Institute, University of Auckland
- Professor Virginia Huxley, University of Missouri School of Medicine
- Professor Fumihiko Kajiya Department of Cardiovascular Physiology, Okayama University
- Professor Richard Kitney, Department of Bioengineering Imperial College Londaon
- Professor Nigel Lovell, Biomedical Engineering, University of New South Wales
- Professor Andrew McCulloch, Cardiac Mechanics Research Group, Bioengineering Dept, UCSD
- Professor Denis Noble, Oxford Cardiac Electrophysiology Group, University of Oxford
- Professor Aleksander Popel, Department of Biomedical Engineering, School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University
- Professor Axel R. Pries, Department of Physiology, Free University of Berlin
- Professor Rod Smallwood, Medical Physics and Clinical Engineering, Sheffield University
- Professor Jos Spaan, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology (EMBS)
- Nigel Lovell, Semahat Demir, and Peter Hunter are Adcom members of EMBS.
- International Federation for Medical and Biological Engineering (IFMBE)
- Fumihiko Kajiya and Ofer Barnea are on the IFMBE technical committee.